Disconnection of Services Policy
When payment on an account has not been received for two months, services will be discontinued. Customers will be mailed a “Notice of Disconnect” giving them a grace period of one week.
The customer at this point has several options:
- Customer can pay the full balance before the disconnect day.
- Customer can pay the furthest past due balance before the disconnect day, thereby putting their bill in a one month past due status again.
- Customer can call the office before the cut off day and speak with customer service staff and make an arrangement to pay.
(Note: Partial payments not covering the full amount owed in a billing period could jeopardize the services being discontinued.)
Payment Arrangements before Disconnect Day
Customer service staff will be able to make the following arrangements and only before the disconnect day:
- Customer can pay the full balance with an extension to the day after disconnect day by 9 A.M.
- Customer can pay the furthest past due balance with an extension to the day after disconnect day by 9 A.M.
If payment for the customer account has not been received by staff before the day of disconnect, technicians will be dispatched to terminate service beginning at 8:00 A.M. on disconnect day.
Technician Trip Fee
If the technician arrives at the customer’s house to terminate service and the customer calls in to make a payment while the technician is there, payment can be made by phone, but a $50.00 trip fee will be added to the customer’s account. Trip fees are also applied to accounts if the technician has gone to the property more than once for a service appointment or turn off/on for repairs.
If water services have been disconnected, the customer must pay the outstanding services bill prior to water services being turned back on. When the customer pays the outstanding bill balance, a reconnection fee will also be applied to the account.
Customers are encouraged to sign up for a text message or email reminder sent prior to disconnect day. Speak to our customer service staff about signing up for this option.